There have been updates to a number of Oranga Tamariki policies including the Caregiver support policy and the Allegations of abuse, neglect, or harm of tamariki by caregivers policy.
You can see the policies here:
Caregiver Support Policy: https://practice.orangatamariki.govt.nz/policy/caregivers-support-and-review/
Allegations of abuse, neglect, or harm of Tamariki by Caregivers Policy: https://practice.orangatamariki.govt.nz/policy/allegations-against-caregivers/
Did you know
Did you know that when a child is first placed with you, your Caregiver Social Worker will visit you once a week for the first four weeks of this placement. Then at least once every eight weeks thereafter?
This is to ensure that you are feeling supported through the transition of a new placement, the contact will focus on:
- child safety interests and wellbeing
- the progress of the plan for te tamaiti
- how they are managing te tamaiti (e.g. settling in, transitioning, behavioural issues)
- what is working well and areas where there are issues or challenges
- contact with parents and whānau, and maintaining whānau connections
- any support they require to deliver safe and appropriate care
- the caregiver’s personal learning and development plan.
This is a positive change to ensure caregivers are receiving the right supports to strengthen the stability of placements.
Share this Post