Financial Support

Caring for a child, or children, who have experienced trauma requires an extraordinary level of commitment.

Sometimes, our children’s needs make it hard to work outside the home. That’s why it is important you are getting the financial support you and your family are entitled to.

Click the titles below to learn more about what is available from the Government.

¬†Work and Income: caring for someone else’s child

¬†This Work and Income page summarises the supports available to those of us caring for “someone else’s” child.

Oranga Tamariki, the Ministry for Vulnerable Children (formerly CYFS): financial support for caregivers

This Oranga Tamariki page provides details about the current board rates for caregivers, and other financial support that may be available.

Permanent Caregiver Support Service

This is where to go if you have the permanent care of a child and need additional financial or other support.