Safe to talk, he pai ki te korero sexual harm helpline is a new 24/7 sexual harm information and support helpline that provides free, confidential information and support to people affected by sexual harm. People who contact the helpline can remain anonymous and say as much or as little as they would like.
Safe to talk offers free confidential contact with a trained specialist. Here are some of the ways they can help.
- Provide contact with a trained specialist at any time, day or night, seven days a week
- Answers to questions about sexual harm
- Information about medical, emotional, and behavioural issues related to harmful experiences
- Explanations of what you might expect if you report to the Police
- Referral to specialists in your area
- Information for family and friends wanting to help someone
- Information, and contact with a specialist, for people who are worried about their own sexually harmful thoughts or behavior.
The helpline can be accessed free, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by phone, ext, website, online chat and email on:
- Freephone: 0800 044 334
- Text: 4334
- Website/online chat: www.safetotalk.nz
- Email: email@example.com
Safe to talk has been set up as part of the Government’s commitment to better support people affected by sexual harm in any way and prevent sexual harm by ensuring more people get the help they need at the right time. Homecare Medical has been contracted by the Ministry of Social Development to run Safe to talk.
Share this Post