Kia ora everyone
It has been a busy end to 2017 with Family Fun days in Dunedin, Queenstown & Invercargill, tickets to the circus in Invercargill, bikes given to some very happy children in Queenstown and Dunedin and now there are Christmas parties and school breakups coming up. I really hope you and your children/young people have been able to be involved in something fun near you.
- Fostering Kids NZ offices will be closed for the summer break from Friday, 22 December 2017 and will reopen on Monday, 15 January 2018.
- If you contact me over this time, please leave a message and I will return your call or message when I return to my office on Monday, 15 January 2018.
- During this time, should you require URGENT support, please contact 027 369 3323 and leave your name and contact number. These messages will be checked daily.
- Remember to use your local foster care office for support; the hot line for carers, 0508 326 238 if you are an Oranga Tamariki carer; your local support groups, and friends and family when you are in need of support and time out over this time.
- Christmas can be an extremely stressful time for our little people and big people (caregivers) alike. Validate your child’s or your own emotions and be compassionate to yourself and the children in your care. Find a quiet place in the sun, relax, unwind and be kind to your soul. You have done an awesome job of caring throughout the year.
- Have a very safe, relaxing, recharging holiday season and I look forward to supporting you in the New Year.
Here is a photo of the Dunedin boys after they had helped their team put the finishing touches to their brand new bikes.
Take care, stay safe
Kindest of regards
The Term One training schedule is now live on our website. Please go and have a look at what we are offering next term. I would love to see you at one of these trainings. We are offering an evening workshop in Invercargill for those caregivers that work during the day, and adjusted our daytime training times to fit better around school hours.
Training is such a wonderful opportunity to gain further knowledge, skills and strategies to help you in your role. Registrations are required, please register here. Or if you need any assistance or have any questions, please contact Christine on 0800 100 849.
Remember we have our support Facebook page. If you are a member of Fostering Kids NZ, just request to be a friend, if not join us as a member by clicking this link then ask to join our closed group.
Share this Post