If you receive the Unsupported Child or Orphan’s Benefit for a child in your care, you are eligible to apply to the Extraordinary Care Fund (ECF) for a grant of up to $2,000 in each financial year (1 July to 31 June). As this financial year comes to an end, you should take the opportunity to send your application in!! APPLICATIONS CLOSE 22 JUNE. The grant notification date is 3 August 2018.
The ECF is designed to support children who are:
- Experiencing difficulties that are significantly impacting on their development, such as:
- Extra tutoring due to long-term absence
- Private counselling
- Courses to improve learning ability
- Showing promise in a particular area, such as:
- Attendance in a sports competition
- Excellence in music
- Participation in arts, innovation, science, technology or academic programme/event
The ECF has three funding rounds each year. If you missed the application date for this round, you can apply in the next round which opens 17 September 2018 and closes 19 October 2018.
Share this Post